Whites Road - Traffic Noise Control
|Principal Petitioner||Simon Boote, Lota|
|Closing Date||Fri, 28 Apr 2017|
|No. of signatures||6 signatures (View signatures)|
With the advent of Jan Powers markets and significant increase in traffic flow from the significantly increased surrounding housing densities, Whites Road has become significantly dangerous due to hoon behaviour and weekend elderly Harley Davidson riders testing the loudness of their exhausts at stupid speeds. There have already been two recent motorcycle deaths on this road, and several near misses occur on a daily basis as inconsiderate and speeding motorists enter and exit Hindes Street to enjoy the Esplanade. It is submitted that if the current situation is allowed to continue and worsen with the increased density in Whites Road subdivisions and town house developments Brisbane City Council has failed and continues to fail to provide the residents of Lota and Manly West with the requisite standard of care to properly consider the local residents' health and safety.
It is therefore requested that Whites Road is provided with:
1. Local Traffic Only signage
2. Reduced Speed Limits - from Dog park to Wynnum Hospital
3. Increased Traffic Calming - Hindes Road exit
4. Pedestrian/Zebra crossings to allow school children from Lota and the schools and station are put in place.
5. Signage reminding road users that Whites Road is a residential area.