Address queuing issues on Belmont Road
|Principal Petitioner||Cr Ryan Murphy, Cannon Hill|
|Closing Date||Sun, 21 May 2017|
|No. of signatures||294 signatures (View signatures)|
Residents draw to the attention of the Lord Mayor the long queue times during peak hour on Belmont Road. Council engineers have undertaken a preliminary investigation of the issues at this intersection to determine possible improvements. As the traffic signals currently operate at capacity, there is no opportunity to simply adjust green signal times to address the issues raised. This will require a 'hard infrastructure' solution.
Your petitioners therefore request Council fund a project to deliver intersection improvements including:
- implementation of a new 'fast diamond' intersection configuration
- realignment of lane markings on Belmont Road
- relocation of the bus stop on Belmont Road
- possible right turn bans into and out of Palgrave Street
- phase changes across all intersection movements.
I have been provided with a preliminary cost estimate of $350,000 to implement this upgrade. I have included this project in my 2017-18 Council budget submission and am seeking your support to see this important upgrade delivered.