Call for resident parking scheme
|Principal Petitioner||Andrew Wines, Alderley|
|Date Closed||Wed, 15 Nov 2017 This epetition has ended|
|No. of signatures||90 signatures (View signatures)|
Residents ask that Brisbane City Council assist in implementing an on-street parking scheme as a result of the increase in on-street parking demand surrounding train stations along the Ferny Grove train line.
Due to the massive increase in on-street parking and the State Government’s decision to close 1,000 car spaces at Ferny Grove Train Station, we the residents of northside Brisbane, call for a resident parking scheme to be implemented surrounding all of the stations along the Ferny Grove train line.
Thank you for your petition requesting that Council implement a Residential Parking Permit Scheme surrounding all of the stations on the Ferny Grove train line.
Council uses the following criteria to assess a Residential Parking Permit Scheme.
- The area under consideration consists of low density, low-medium density or character residential properties (zoned LMR or CR in Brisbane City Plan 2014).
- The availability of on-street parking spaces between the hours of 10am-3pm on weekdays is severely limited (i.e. more than 80% of parking spaces occupied).
- Long-term parking is predominant (for example, more than 60% of available spaces are occupied long-term).
- The parking demand is primarily generated by commuters (i.e. non-local motorists).
- There is a demonstrated history of parking issues due to the parking demand through a search of Council’s parking complaints register.
- At least 60% of respondents to a community survey are supportive of the scheme.
Further, Resident Parking Permit Schemes must be considered on an area-wide basis to ensure the parking demand is not simply displaced to an adjacent residential street.
Council will monitor parking availability through this corridor and will work with Councillor Andrew Wines, Councillor for Enogerra Ward, and Councillor Steven Toomey, Councillor for The Gap Ward, to determine if an assessment at individual stations is warranted.