Improving line markings and signage at car park adjacent to Corinda State School (end of Hughes Lane)
|Principal Petitioner||Mark Robinson, Oxley|
|Closing Date||Fri, 15 Dec 2017|
|No. of signatures||30 signatures (View signatures)|
Corinda State School community members and residents draw to the attention of Council the following safety and security deficiencies in the school car park at the end of Hughes Lane, Corinda:
- the current width of regular car park spaces is less than the recommended minimum width in the Brisbane City Plan 2000
- there is inadequate signage and controls to signal one-way traffic flow.
Your petitioners therefore request the following immediate corrective actions.
- As per section 6.8.1 of Brisbane City Plan 2000, all car park spaces less than 2.5 metres width to be widened to be at least the minimum width for a 'Class 2' space.
- One-way road markings along the entire one-way section of car park and the installation of a 'WRONG WAY GO BACK' sign at entrance to one-way section.
- Council to undertake further investigation into use of engineering controls at entrance to one-way section, to define the section and promote legal one-way driving.