Stop Sherwood McDonalds
|Principal Petitioner||Nicole Johnston, Fairfield|
|Closing Date||Fri, 07 Feb 2020|
|No. of signatures||359 signatures (View signatures)|
Residents draw to the attention of the proposed development application for two fast food restaurants including a McDonalds at 9 Lahey Close, Sherwood. The development fails to meet numerous requirements of Brisbane City Plan 2014 including:
- Excessive bulk and scale beyond the maximum allowable 250sqm
- Failure to meet minimum setbacks
- Inadequate parking
- 24 hour operations
- Traffic safety concerns due to the location on a minor road, limited sight lines at the intersection and already congested traffic movements along Sherwood Road
- An expected 200 traffic movements per hour adding to the more than 1,000 bus-related movements at the intersection of Lahey Close, Sherwood
- Failure to meet required landscaping plans.
There are five McDonalds located within a two/three kilometre radius of the site at Indooroopilly (2), Oxley, Rocklea and Annerley.
We call on Council to refuse the location of two fast food restaurants, including McDonalds, at 9 Lahey Close, Sherwood, due to its excessive bulk, traffic safety concerns and failure to comply with Brisbane City Plan 2014.